Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY: Chunky Red Necklace

Since I realized that my jewelry collection needed some color, I embarked on the task of making a chunky necklace out of small glass beads. It took a couple of days for me to make because it was a bit tedious to string the beads, but I think the end result was worth it!


What you'll need:
Small glass beads (Michael's)
thin non-stretch string
scissors
a bit of chain
2 clamp beads
snap closures

DIRECTIONS:
1. String your beads making as many strands as you see fit. Make sure to leave a bit of rooms for
tying knots at the end.
2. Gather them and take a clamp bead string them through and clamp.
Repeat for the other side.
3. Take the bit of your chain and tie it one end (This will allow you to adjust the length of
necklace whenever you like). Then tie on the snap closure on the other end.

VOILA!!
It adds a bit of funkiness to any outfit don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment