Being that June is a month of graduations and that I haven't done a DIY post in forever, I thought I'd do a post on how to make a candy lei. They make the perfect gift for your graduate and also makes them look oh-so-fly! Sorry for the blurred pictures, it was the best my camera could do.
Here is what you'll need:
All of your supplies can be bought at a Party City for a cheap. If your are planning on making only one lei going to a party supply is the best because you buy exactly what you need and not in excess.
1. Cut out several pieces of ribbon at 3".
2. If you bought a roll of cello then cutout a strip (about 3" wide).
OR If you bought the little goody bags, just cut out the bottom and cut it
into two pieces along the folds of the bag.
1. Figure out the pattern on how you would like the candies to be seen.
2. Take your cello and lay it out on a flat surface and lay the candies on top of it
(horizontally). Lay them out about at 1" apart.
3. Wrap up the candy in cello.
4. Secure them in place but tying pieces of ribbon around the spaces between each
5. If you have used the cello goody bags like I did, all you have to do is slip one
end into another end and tie them together with some ribbon.
Repeat this process till you make your lei as long as you like.
If you have some extra candy you can even make a little bracelet!
That's all there is to it! Have fun!! Happy Hump Day!