Remember them Yves Saint Laurent Artsy Rings we've all been lusting over? Well, with a pebble, some glue, tape and a little paint you can own one in every color!
While these YSL rings range between $195-$275, I was able to make this bad-boy at no cost since I had the materials just lying around the house. Which makes it all sorts of Eco-Friendly. That deserves some cool points right?!
duct tape (any color)
nail polish (in color of choice)
hot glue gun
& paint brush
*click to enlarge*
Prepping the Pebble:
1. Take your pebble and go ahead and paint the top of it and its sides with the nail polish. Set it aside to dry.
2. With your glue gun, put glue all around the sides and bottom. Using the tip of the gun, drag and dab around areas you've put already to create some texture.
Making the Band:
3. Take about 4" piece of duct tape and fold it in half (with the sticky part inward and the smooth edges on the exterior).
4. Spread some glue onto the duct tape (about 1" in length). Give it some texture buy dragging and dipping the tip of the gun through the spread glue for texture. Set aside to dry.
5. After the glue had completely hardened, peel glue off of duct tape.
All that is left for you to do is to put these parts together and you have your ring!
6. Take a strip of duct tape to tape stone and band you made previously on the reverse.
7. Turn the piece over and fill space between the stone and band with some glue.
8. Cut a thin strip of of duct tape and tape together the strip of glue you made in the second part to make the band.
9. Place some glue over it.
10. Last but not least, paint the glue with some gold paint!
photo courtesy (1st image): HERE