Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY: Chain Headpiece

This project sprouted from me just rummaging through my craft box and trying to organize it yesterday night as I watched my shows. As a result, I didn't take pics of my progress because I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out. (Please leave me a comment if directions seem unclear and would like more tips.) This a great way to make use of that excess chain you may have lying around.

Materials:
approx. 2 feet of chain
pliers
wire cutters
1 earring post

Directions:
1. Roughly measure how much chain(s) you would like for your headpiece. Prep them by cutting them out.
2. Take earring post and make 2 small circles (these will serve as the connecting pieces between the strands).
3. Take what will be the top piece of your headpiece and attach the circles you just made to both ends.
4. Take the other two chains and connect them to the circles.

Tip: You may want to add another of strands to the sides. To do so just reopen the connecting circles and attach more strands accordingly.

How is it Monday?!



No comments:

Post a Comment