Friday, January 21, 2011

DIY: Paper Jewelry





My mom taught me this cool way to make your own beads out of paper that she learned how to do when she was younger. It's pretty simple.

Materials: ruler, pencil, some sold magazines, scissors, glue and anything you need to make your jewelry (i.e. string, jewelry wire and pliers)

Directions:
1. Trace out/Cut long triangular strips from magazine paper

NOTE: However wide, narrow, and long your strips are will dictate how big your
beads will be.
2. Take the widest end of the strip and start rolling it TIGHT.
3. Glue the ends to secure the bead is nice and tight.
Voila! You have some cute beads to make some jewelry!





It's pretty amazing what you can do with paper! What do you all think?

Happy Friday Everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rio,
    Wow...thanks for bringing me back to my childhood. I used to make these beads with my Bubby. Nice job!
    Besos,
    Lauren & Erica
    Honestly WTF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment Lauren and Erica! <3 Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did these when i was little too!! hmm....havent thought about that in a while!

    just found your blog via tumblr, i think? love seeing your DIY's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my mom teaching this to me when I was younger, but it was really fun to have her make reteach me again. She was so cute making the beads with me. :)


    Thanks for the comment! It really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete