One of the reasons I look forward to Coachella is for the flashback fashions to the 60s, 70s and 80s. A favorite look of mine this year was Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's outfit--composed of Christopher Kane's (for J Brand jeans) embellished shorts and simple white button down with ankle boots. This just made me want to bedazzle everything I own!! While I know I would never be able to afford a pair of those beautifully crafted shorts, I thought DIYing them would give me some peace.
Erica Domesek's DIY HERE had also inspired my decision to do this. Continue reading if you'd like to see the tweaks I've made to my version.
1. Prep. by taking apart your faux flowers. (You will be using the piece circled red.)
2. Start painting crisscross lines onto the shorts your fabric paint.
3. Take your floral piece and glue them onto shorts diagonally.
4. Bedazzle! (On top of the flowers and in between them.)
5. Lastly, glue down some gold thread around the rhinestones to give it that embroidered look.
Total Cost: $20
What do you folks think? Should the bedazzling be left in the past?
photo courtesy: HERE