Saturday, May 7, 2011

DIY: Tribal Print Mini Clutch


I was organizing my closet the other day when I came across an old clutch wallet. Initially I was considering putting it in the donate pile, when it dawned on me that I could try revamping it. Given the soft leathery texture, painting it seemed like the best way to go. Since I've been really into tribal prints, I couldn't help but use it as my inspiration.

What you'll need:


masking tape, some paint (to prevent myself from owning a crazy amount of paint, I've stuck to keeping the primary colors and just mix them to get the colors I need), paintbrush, paper plate for mixing, and water to rinse your colors


Directions:
1. Figure out the kind of print patter you would like to do.
2. Position masking tape onto the wallet. (I did this to keep my lines straight and
neat.)
Tip: Painting the area you want with white will act as a primer and allow your colors to pop more.

3. That's all there is to it! Now you have the perfect accessory for the summer.




What do you all think? Also, I wasn't quite sure about it but do you think I should paint the entire wallet or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment