Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DIY: Torquoise Bead Necklace


The moment I saw this (detail below) necklace on the FreePeople website, I wanted it so bad! Looking over the reviews and the materials it was made with, I realized that perhaps it wasn't worth the $24 I would've been spending. *tear*

After wiping my tear away and dusting myself off, I decided that it was perhaps time for another DIY project! I am happy to say that I am now an owner of a necklace like this!! It would'n't have taken quite as long as it did had I all the material and I shopped around (i.e. Michael's, Ebay) looking for that single, glorious torquoise bead! I spent a total of $10. Success!!



Freepeople Materials:
thin leather rope
Lobster claw closure
Torquoise Pendant
Torquoise beads
=$24

thin black hemp string (Michael's)
silver bead clamps (Michael's)
torquoise-colored beads (Kit Craft/Michael's)
torquoise pendant (Ebay)
jewelry wire --to attach pendant (Michael's)
=priceless!



No comments:

Post a Comment